Mopar Computers

From: Jeff Durling (durling@ibm.net)
Date: Tue Feb 02 1999 - 23:30:57 EST

I know this doesn't help out you guys with the '97 or newer daks, but I
thought this was definately of interest.

I called Summit yesterday and ordered something small but figured I'd
ask about them carrying Moper Performance parts and what type of prices
they have. We'll one of the things I asked about was the computer for my
'96 dak and it was cheaper than the dealer(s) that I have been pricing
them at. The dealers come up with a price of 338.00 while Summit comes
up with a price of 257.00. Every time I have been at the dealer I have
seen them bring up the part number and price on the computer and they
all seem to be able to cut the price down. I was amazed that Summit was
able to sell it cheaper. I even checked on 3 or 4 other items that I
have been eyeing and all of them were significantly cheaper.

Here's the clencher... Summit also said the Mopar Performance is giving
a 100.00 rebate if you return the stock computer to them. I am thinking
about doing this even though I will not be able to return it to stock. I
also called Chrysler Cutomer Service to see if this would have any
effect on my warranty and they said "how could we void the warranty if
you are using a genuine chrysler product". You can only void the
warranty if you installed it wrong.

Thought this may be of interest

Jeff Durling
'96 RC sport V8 - k&n clone - 180 thermostat