the factory back speakers in my Dak R/T RC are duel voice coil...why?

From: Ican2u7176@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 15:27:26 EST

I am installing an amp in my truck and took a look at the rear speaker 1. it
doesnt have anything on it that says "Infinity" although I supposedly have the
infinity system with the am/fm/cd/cass. and 2. the speaker I looked at(the
pass side) has two sets of terminals, and two sets of braided wire going into
the speaker cone indicating that is a dual voice coil speaker....anyone know
why? I(it only has one set of speaker wires going to the speaker itself but a
small wire connection is made between the two sets of terminals. I know it
wont hurt anything but it sure is wierd!
Charles Smith
99 Dak R/T RC