Re: Sway Bars

From: Gary Pinkley (gapinkley@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Feb 03 1999 - 22:24:11 EST

You are absolutely correct. Too high a rear stiffness relative to the front will creat oversteer. Too high in the front will create understeer. The trick is to get the combination just right. We perform a slalom test, skidpad, and a canyon carving test to ensure a good neutral package, with no violent oversteer. Unfortunately, we still haven't figured out how to control driver error. (I'm sure the government will mandate something in the next version of OBD that will stop that *snicker*)

-Gary