IMPORTANT NEWS Computers?-reply

From: Martin (martindt@pacbell.net)
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 08:55:34 EST

I could understand that but, do the guys who are just putting bolt-ons
on need
a new comp? From what I see the has be NO one(read consumer...forget
about
Shelby) that has installed a turbo and only a few have installed a
supercharger. Most are just tring to get a few more ponies every other
couple
of weeks bolting on this and bolting on that...are these $600+(the price
of a
good nitrous system) computers worth anything to them? Just get an
adjustable fuel pressure regulator,(anyone out there make one???)

If I'm not mistaken the 97-99 the fuel pump and regulator is contained
in the fuel tank and is
controlled by the computer (OBDII). In older fuel injection autos you
could restrict the return line to the pump thus increasing the fuel to
the motor.

get a air/fuel meter(under $99) and now you have your fuel adjustments
for the road
and track (read R/T) daily drivers.
I'd use a DVM and just tap off the the O2 sensor. 1 vdc is running rich
and .75 vdc is leaning out.

--
Martin Tolentino

99 Dakota R/T CC