RE: Yet another "My truck is here"/ BIG disappointment

From: Parker, Jon (jparker@grci.com)
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 10:50:10 EST

I have placed factory orders for several new cars/trucks over the years,
the latest of which is for a '99 Dakota which I placed two weeks ago. I
have always feared what has happened to you. What I have always done in
order to help avoid such a screw-up is to get a copy of what is usually
termed the "pre-invoice" for the vehicle. This should be available
immediately after the dealership places the order with the factory.
It looks just like a regular invoice except it says that prices are subject
to change. It will let you know if they ordered the right thing.

You can't trust these guys to get anything right. It's amazing some of
them can stay in business. Hope your wait isn't too long the second
time around.

Jon