Re: RE: the factory back speakers in my Dak R/T RC are duel voicecoil......

From: Ican2u7176@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 04 1999 - 12:08:18 EST

In a message dated 2/3/99 11:22:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, m.gski@CWIX.com
writes:

<< Make sure
 your amp has speaker level inputs.

I used a speaker to line level adapter to run my new amp these can be found at
radio shack for $20. I took the radio shack one back after I found one for $4
at a local store that was going out of buisiness. I works very, very well. I
used the factory am/fm/cd/cass and the rest of the factory amp and speakers,
and added the speaker level to line level adapter tapped in to the rear
passenger speaker...you know the one that you can barely hear. Then just
connected the 250 watt amp to it...hooked up the 10"sub and wow it sounds
really good. I am very happy with the way its sounds.I have installed over 75
car stereos and even had a honda with 8 -12" subs and over 1000 watts.(5 years
ago) so I know what a good system sounds like when I hear one.I have been to
many IASCA competitions and have installed quite a few competition worthy
systems with good sound stages. Rarely do you get such a simple set up to
sound as good as this one. Dodge did a good job of getting the factory stereo
to sound good..all it needs is a little umph in the bottom end. I have
pictures of my system and of the box I built for it if anyone is interested I
could send them out. Keep in mind my truck is a Regular Cab and would not
pertain to the Club Cab.