RE: RE: blown R/T

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sat Feb 06 1999 - 10:31:28 EST

Actually...Yes.

In all honesty, I used to work for an Automotive Shop in San Jose that
mainly "Hot Rodded" 5.0L Mustangs. (It was Charlie's Mustangs Competition).
We built up several 400+ HP, SMOG LEGAL, and Street Legal Mustangs (this was
back in '91-'92) that would run 12's all day long and have an in most cases
would not suffer on the mileage. Sometime the mileage would actually go up.
(The average for the time was 19-25MPG City/Hgwy.)

One of the fastest 5.0's we had built ran high 10's, handled like an old
Slot Car on the road, and quite honestly...pissed off a lot of people with
"Big-Cubed" motors. But...this one wasn't close to your normal 5.0L off of
the street. (Ford SVO Block & Heads since the stock 5.0L blocks couldn't
handle more than 300HP without cracking the block.)

Please bear in mind that the owner of the shop was also President of "Mopar
Alley" during the late 80's and mainly lived and breathed MOPAR. See...It
takes a Mopar person to build a Ford the right way.

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
bernd@texas.net
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd
1997 Dakota SLT-CC (3.9L)
License Plate Frame: "Don't Follow Me...I'm Trolling for Toyota's"
Song for the Day: "Gonna buy me a Dodge Truck and blow those Fords off the
road....."