Re: RE: RE: blown R/T

From: mrbbqman (mrbbqman@concentric.net)
Date: Sat Feb 06 1999 - 11:52:15 EST

fast4d wrote:

> I guess you need to get out more often.
>
> There are fast Fords, Chevys, Mopars, 'rice burners', BMWs........
>
> It all depends on how much $$$ and knowledge/'know-how' one possess. Some
> vehicles may have more handicaps than others. Such as cast pistons, speed
> density computers, lack of reasonable priced aftermarket performance parts,
> weight and bad drivers.
>
> I hate Chevys. But I like the new C5. Just because it wears a bow tie and I
> don't own one doesn't mean it suck. Bottom line - I like performance and
> 'hot rodded' vehicles.
>
> AKM
>
> '98 Dakota R/T (JBA shorties, Big K&N;TB & shiftkit soon)
> '89 Mustang GT (347, Griggs GR-40 , Vortech S-trim...)

funny how you never hear the big 3 put down the other's models, they
instead concentrate on promoting their own. "our's has more hp than
their's, or better resale value, you don't hear "ford is a pos, it falls
apart, our's doesn't. or rarely see one of those pissing stickers on the
new models on tv or in mags. they know it will only come back to haunt
them, kind of like running up the score in football. all three take
turns putting out great vehicles, and by buying the best at the time, we
force the others to raise the stakes. i personally am color blind when
it comes to 25,000/30,000 for a new truck. i put a deposit on a 99R/T
and a 99.5 lightning from the same dealer, and will keep the one i like
the best, the dealer said he could sell either one to someone else the
same day.