Re: Returned the +4's/Which Champions for '99 318?

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Sat Feb 06 1999 - 18:19:53 EST

Howdy... I turned my crummy Bosch Platinum +4's in today and got some real
plugs. For a '98 318 the P/N for the Champion Truck plug is 4071. I'd be
really surprised if it's a different P/N for a sixer (they are sold in
packs of six BTW) but have them look it up on the computer anyway.

To add insult to injury when returning the +4's, the manager that was
processing my refund told me they never should have been sold to me as they
were not for use in truck engines... He also wondered who had sold them to
me. I was mad enough that I simply said, ask the guy on your left... He
turned red as a tomato and I'm sure he had some choice words for his
employee after I left!

I don't generally go out of my way to get somebody in trouble, but I asked
the guy about six times if these were the right plugs for my truck when I
bought them... He assured me they were every time and started to get a bit
huffy the last time I asked, so I think he got pretty much what he
deserved.

Tom