Re: argh!

From: HEMI@charter.net
Date: Sat Feb 06 1999 - 19:31:50 EST

Most modern plants today run on "just in time" delivery , which means that
they do not stockpile parts . The parts are supposed to show up "just in
time" to refill the bins that they do have . This is supposed to cut down
on having to warehouse a bunch of stockpiled parts .

My guess is that they missed a delivery appointment .

At 06:21 PM 2/6/99 -0500, you wrote:
>I went to the dealer to find out the "Status" of my new Dak 4x4 Sport CC.
After
>waiting about 15 minutes with the salesman in the backroom, he comes out
and says,
>"I don't know exactly how to tell you this, but your truck is on "hold"
status."

>It seems the manufacturer ran out of parts while building my truck. The
salesman
>suggested I call back early next week and talk to the service manager, and
find out
>exactly what "part" they ran out of.
>
>geez, is this normal?! Hopefully I'll get it in the 1st week of march,
like I
>expected....
>
>Eric

Jack Hilton III