Re: another reason I like livin' in GA

From: bnich@bellatlantic.net
Date: Sat Feb 06 1999 - 20:09:16 EST

HEMI@charter.net wrote:

> Well , I was on my way home the other night at about 11PM and I was coming
> through downtown Newnan (where I live) and I had just turned onto the
> street that runs past the county courthouse .
> This street is two lanes that are both one way and it is very long and
> straight and has three lights as you get near the square , the speed limit
> is only 35 , but it is too easy to go over that .
>
> I just got onto the road and about 50 feet later I see that I have a
> blue-light-special in my rear-view . I pull over in a parking lot and not
> one , but two Newnan PD officers approach my vehicle , one on either side ,
> kinda like they do on COPS , hehehe . I roll down my window as they both
> shine their lights through the tinted windows (or try to , I have very
> illegal limo tint all the way around) and so I roll down my window to greet
> tha officer . I hand him my DL , but I simply cannot find my insurance card
> , which is required here in GA . I look for it for about 10 minutes and it
> is just not there so I finally conceed and tell the officer I can't find it
> . He tells me that I was doing 55 in a 35 zone (I guess it was the rear-end
> and I had the OD off, I really didn't mean to speed) so I actually was a
> little shocked . He says "Well , I clocked you at 55 and I wasn't gaining
> any on you back there ." . He also lets me know that he knows my tint is
> illegal as hell , but he didn't seem to mind and he never brought it up
> again .I told him that it had been a while since I had been pulled over ,
> but that I had gotten many many tickets back when I was a bit younger . He
> then says "Well , you have a very noticeable vehicle , so you may wanna
> drive it a little less speedy in town......have a nice night ." , and he
> hands my DL to me and walks back to his car ! I shook his hand and thanked
> him , and continued my way home .
>
> One more reason that I love livin' in GA !

> Jack Hilton III
>
> HEMI@charter.net
>
> http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html

Jack, You definitly didn't handle that properly. You should have told
him that he should be spending his time doing something more important
than chasing someone only 20 mph over the speed limit. Then you should
have lit up your tires and shown him how fast your Dak really is! Thats
how we do it in Jersey! Greg, back me up on this will ya. Bob