another reason I like livin' in GA

From: HEMI@charter.net
Date: Sat Feb 06 1999 - 12:24:34 EST

Well , I was on my way home the other night at about 11PM and I was coming
through downtown Newnan (where I live) and I had just turned onto the
street that runs past the county courthouse .
This street is two lanes that are both one way and it is very long and
straight and has three lights as you get near the square , the speed limit
is only 35 , but it is too easy to go over that .

I just got onto the road and about 50 feet later I see that I have a
blue-light-special in my rear-view . I pull over in a parking lot and not
one , but two Newnan PD officers approach my vehicle , one on either side ,
kinda like they do on COPS , hehehe . I roll down my window as they both
shine their lights through the tinted windows (or try to , I have very
illegal limo tint all the way around) and so I roll down my window to greet
tha officer . I hand him my DL , but I simply cannot find my insurance card
, which is required here in GA . I look for it for about 10 minutes and it
is just not there so I finally conceed and tell the officer I can't find it
. He tells me that I was doing 55 in a 35 zone (I guess it was the rear-end
and I had the OD off, I really didn't mean to speed) so I actually was a
little shocked . He says "Well , I clocked you at 55 and I wasn't gaining
any on you back there ." . He also lets me know that he knows my tint is
illegal as hell , but he didn't seem to mind and he never brought it up
again .I told him that it had been a while since I had been pulled over ,
but that I had gotten many many tickets back when I was a bit younger . He
then says "Well , you have a very noticeable vehicle , so you may wanna
drive it a little less speedy in town......have a nice night ." , and he
hands my DL to me and walks back to his car ! I shook his hand and thanked
him , and continued my way home .

One more reason that I love livin' in GA !

Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html