Wooo Hooo!!!!!!(drag racing -long)

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Sat Feb 06 1999 - 18:10:36 EST

Well, Swede and I made it to the Motorplex today. I can hardly contain
myself, the results far exceeded my expectations. My times are now:
Run #1. We'll call this one some good news and some bad news.
I was super stoked to run and left my tranny in 2nd and hit the rev
limiter, totally blowing my own sage advice. Got the slip and
WHAT???14.785 @ 91.07!!! hitting the limiter and fumbling the shift!

Run #2. Fool proof run, O/D off and in drive. By now the place is PACKED
and it's taking a lot longer to get thru staging, so make it RIGHT!
RT .853 (sorry but safe)- 3rd & last run. it took about an
hour to get to
60' 2.068 - the front of staging and while in
line a T-Type
330 5.901 - Buick challenges me to a race. I
know they're
1/8 9.147 - fast, but I'm cocky now so I say
OK.
1000 11.954 -------
1/4........14.334 @ 94.67 - 3rd run. My 14.283 @ 94.58
to his 14.130
------------------------------- @ 101.18. He just barely nicked me going
thru the traps. Here's the breakdown of that race:
    My R/T His T-Type
RT .797 RT .852
60' 2.031 60' 2.296
330 5.858 330' 6.106
1/8 9.104 1/8 9.220
1000' 11.907 1000' 11.883
1/4 14.283 @ 94.58 14.130 @ 101.18

One hell of a race! What I'd give for some top end! Anyway, I am so
pumped I just can't sit still, I think I'll be grinning in my sleep
tonight! I just had to share this with the dml because many of you are
part of the reason that I finally cracked the 14 barrier and joined the
ranks of the faster '98-'99 set. I wish you all the same luck, it's been
a long, fun road. Alan S.