Re: Re: Mopar Computers

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 12:14:00 EST

The issue is the more aggressive timing.. when towing, you have a higher
load at low RPM's which can result in pinging even when using 92+octane due
to hot spots in the combustion chamber.

If the load is realtively light, most people don't have a problem, and yes,
you can switch the computer back... or use an aftermarket ignition system
that has a timing retard feature...