Re: WooHoo how to.

From: Eric (erich@dhc.net)
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 13:51:00 EST

>As I have stated in the past, I STILL think the computer is sucking the
>life out of my performance, it STILL lays down after the 1/8 mi. Every
>race I was winning by 1-2 truck lengths and then after 1/2 track, the
>other cars begin to gain quickly. I wish I had these quick times with
>something in the 100 mph range for trap speed instead of 95, that would
>be a lot more competitive.

Alan, my theory is that the Camaros and Firebirds have a 2.73 rear axle
ratio, right? Makes them a little slower @ start but when they gaining speed
the catch up to us with 3.9 ratio. Anybody agree with me on this one???? It
also depends on what transmission ratio they have. I had a Italian car with
a 2 liter turbocharged 4 banger producing 150HP. 0-60mph times where 6.8 sec
and topspeed 240km/h. It all had to do with transmission ratios, first,
second and third gear where pretty quick then when you hit forth and fift
gear you where gaining topspeed instead of acceleration.

Swede/
99 R/T Dakota CC
Black & Loaded
Mail: dakota_rt99@hotmail.com