Re: Sluggish First Gear

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 18:25:15 EST

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999 Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com wrote:
[...]
> Open up the air intake: go to either Tony D's system or an FIPK, or a ram air
> hood. I like Tony's system cause it pulls cooler air, but others like the
> FIPK and some can afford Ram Air (I can't).

    There is also a ram-air alternative which is cheaper than a hood.
Basically, you put a couple of scoops under your air dam and direct the air
up into a sealed can. (You can use the stock can if you cut another opening
on the driver's side to match the stock opening.) I was going to do this
but got the ram-air hood instead so it wasn't nescessary. This setup
isn't quite as good as a hood because the air heats up as it goes
past your intake manifolds or headers, but its still a lot better than
stock. Heck, even an open element air filter is better than stock! :-)

                                              -Jon-