grab handle install blues

From: AJRoss50@aol.com
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 20:01:04 EST

I know a few of you have installed a passenger side grab handle on your trucks
and I have a question those few. Here is my problem. My truck, a '97, has the
holes predrilled in the a-pillar. Well, the bushings supplied with the kit are
too small for the holes. And by too small I mean, just barely too small. I
think the next size bushing, if there is such a thing, would be too big.
Should I J-B weld them in place? I don't know if the J-B weld will hold.
Also, I am thinking maybe the bushings were just cast/machined wrong. Should I
exchange the bushings for another set? Also, I am thinking maybe I have SAE
bushings and need metric or vice versa? Anybody run into this same problem?
Thanks for any help.

Alex
97 CC Sport V8 5spd 3.92 SG
Airaid intake