RE:DML Power in 1st gear

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Mon Feb 08 1999 - 20:08:02 EST

Sorry, a couple of posts in one here... forgive me...

Richard:

   I haven't heard of any complaints of loss of torque by changing the Y-pipe
to a mandrel bent one. Remember, the CAT should be giving plenty of
back-pressure to the engine. If anyone has differring results: I'd like to
know about it.

David:

   You're going the wrong direction bud... Taller (bigger in diameter) tires
are WORSE for take off: NOT BETTER! They are harder for the engine to turn!
They effectively DECREASE your gear ratio! Once rolling, they are almost the
same to turn as a smaller tire, but you travel longer distances in one
revolution so you are getting better gas mileage. If you had a problem
spinning out all the time, going to a bigger tire would help you by forcing
the torque to turn a larger tire, but if you are having problems now, going to
a bigger tire will make them worse... I speak from personal experience here...

Shaun H.