Re: New to the mailing list, and have a few questions please

From: Jim, Donna, Erin, and Brian (leefam@wcc.net)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 14:27:48 EST

At 10:22 AM 2/9/1999 EST, you wrote:
>Hello all, I just wanted to say hi... I just joined the mailing list
>yesterday.
>Tomarrow, I am going down to my local Dodge dealer to order myself a new 1999
>Dakota R/T.
>(Regular cab, ABS, no air, rear sliding window)
>First question... how long will it take for the factory to build the truck,
>and have it at my dealer? I kinda need it by April 5th to take advantage of
>the $1,000 rebate.
>
>Next question... is there any problems I should be aware of? or.. anything I
>should keep an eye on? I have already skimmed a few messages.. and it seems
>as though the auto tranny isn't very durable.. is this true?
>
>With that out of the way... lets move to the good stuff... I have on modding
>the Dak slightly (with any money I can scavvenge)
>What is the best order to do some 'less expensive mods' in?
>Is there a good cat-back exhaust offered?
>Does K&N offer a 'cone' or similiar style open element hi-flow air filter?
>Does Mopar (or anyone else) have underdrive pulleys?
>How about that computer chip offered by Mopar... exactly how good is that?
>Can I use an MSD6A ignition box on this truck? (I have one on my current car,
>and if I could.. I would simpily switch it over)
>
>Any answers.. or comments on any of my above questions is greatly appreciated
>
>~Dave
>Westland, Michigan

Mods possible....(all prices estimates....)

180 degree thermostat $5
Electric fan(s) - depends $100-$150
Cat back exhaust $200 - $300
Headers $450 - $500
K&N cone/FIPK (requires 5.9 Jeep GC raditor hose) $50 - $100
Jet Chip Stage II (lots of bad and good results...do at your own risk)
$200(I think??)
Ram Air(homemade and underhood and with hoodscoop) depends...
Throttle Body
        Frank And Bruce - Stage I or II - $90
        Magnum Performance - (Name of TB??) - $200+(?)
Can use a 'shortbelt' - bypasses A/C and powersteering pulleys
TransGo shift kit - $100
Magnecore Wires(or your choice or whatever) - $100
Nitrous Express Nitrous kit (150hp shot??) - $800 - $900
Kenne Bell blower - $3000 - $4000 (I think)
Kenne Bell Optimizer (chip upgrade) - $600 (I think)
Superchips ICON (chip upgrade) - ????

That should cover just about any performance upgrade. I know I left a few
out, though.... Good luck!!

Brian