Re: Lift Kit for '93

From: Walter_Felix (Walter_Felix@email.msn.com)
Date: Tue Feb 09 1999 - 17:56:33 EST

I guessing that it is a body lift because it's only $65 and says (Exc. V8)
The reason why it excludes V8s is because the radiator on a Dakota is
mounted to the body. When you lift the body, the lower hose will no longer
clear the fan. The way around it is to remove the stock fan and replace it
with an electric one. Remember, with a body lift, your only lifting the cab
& bed. The bumpers stay in their original locations leaving you with a gap.
You have modify the brackets to raise the bumpers as well since most kits do
not include new brackets for the bumpers. If you would like a detailed
description of the installation of a body lift go to my web page and click
in the link for "My Plans for a V8 Swap and Lifting". There you will find a
step by step accounting of when I installed the body lift on my Dakota.

Walter Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4
WWW.GeoCities.Com/~Walter_Felix