LSD Differential Case, Attn: Mike

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 10 1999 - 11:58:35 EST

Mike,

Part Number 52068451 is the Dana TracLoc case for the 1994 thru 1996
Dakota (8 1/4). It is used with RWAL (Rear Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes).

Part Number 4384285 is the PowerLoc case for the 1989 thru 1993 Dakota.
It is also used with RWAL.

I do not know what P4529273 but it is probably a Service Pack. What's
included, I have no idea.

The Rear Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes should not make a difference. If you have
them ( and you probably do), there is an "exciter ring" that activates it.
Assuming you use the correct case, the ring should bolt on.

I "think" you can deactivate the RWAL by simply removing a fuse.

I would highly suggest you have a highly qualified axle technician perform
the switch. Correctly building a differential is a tricky business and
requires
special tools.

I do not believe the two different cases are interchangeable between the model
years.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan