FIPK tidbit

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 10 1999 - 12:12:07 EST

For you DML'ers with the 3inch metal tubes for FIPKs, Pepboys
sells a large foil covered mat for underhood insulation at
$19.95. I've noticed my 3" pipe gets mighty hot, especially in
the summer.I'm thinking of wrapping the tube to keep the air
intake cooler. The heat is causing my K&N cone to droop down and
ride on the horn, wearing a small hole. I bought some aluminum
tape at Home Quarters to seal everything up. Hope it works, I've
relocated the horn.

GS -

Ps - epoxy did a good job on sealing the damaged wire frame on
         the K&N.