Re: RE: CableModem -Reply

From: Gary Shook (gary.shook@mci.com)
Date: Wed Feb 10 1999 - 12:54:48 EST

I see both the best and the worst... I live in the middle of nowhere, so
what's cable? My phone line at home gets a best connection of 21.6Kbps, and
usually 19.2Kbps, no matter what the modem. My only possibility for good
download speeds is DirectPC (digital dish)

But I work at MCIWorldcom, and our building has a DS3 to the 'net... just
yesterday I downloaded 26 Megs worth from Microsoft (Windows 98 update) and
it took no longer than hitting my local NT server (about 2 minutes).

Gary Shook