CC Laws in Georgia

From: Chad (mcc@negia.net)
Date: Wed Feb 10 1999 - 19:03:33 EST

My catalytic Converter is about shot. Something is broke and rattling
inside of it. First of all, what are the laws in Georgia concerning
Catalytic Converters? I'd like to drop the converter and just have a
straight pipe put in. It'll be cheaper and I would think it would make
my truck louder. (which I want) I have a 95 with the 3.9L.

Also, what about performance and gas mileage. What will the differences
be? What size pipe should I run to the muffler if I do drop the cat?

Any other info?

Thanks,
        Chad Clifton