Re: Re: Clear lenses 97+

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 10:05:03 EST

They do have a disclaimer that says they are for show only , but so is just
about everything else that people put on their cars . It just means that
they are not DOT approved .

Also , the clear lenses come with colored bulbs , not clear .

At 01:52 PM 2/11/1999 GMT, you wrote:
>Just out of curiosity, has anyone bothered to see if these clear lenses
>are legal? I can't imagine them passing inspection anywhere in this
>country. I was almost blinded one night when the rust-bucket in front of
>me hit the brakes (brake light lenses were GONE!) and the bare bulbs
>came on. VERY bright - my closest encounter with the ditch to date.
>
> Later,
>
> Russ Selkirk
>
>On Fri, 5 Feb 1999 00:03:43 -0500 (EST), you wrote:
>
>>Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 21:27:54 -0500
>>From: bnich@bellatlantic.net
>>Subject: Re: DML: Clear lenses 97+
>>
>>Robert Trottmann wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey kids, got this reply from sportruck.com
>>> Acutally, the 97-99 Dakota lenses are about 1 month off. We should have
>>> them
>>> before anyone else, and already have a few on order. If you, or anyone
>>> you
>>> know who wants them, email me or have them email me and I'll be sure to
>>> stock enough to cover everyone. They'll go fast and it can take several
>>> weeks to a few months before the next production run begins if my
>>> supplier
>>> runs out. The clear corners will be about $80-90 and the taillights will
>>> be
>>> around $120-130.
>>> His email is Shop@Sportruck.com
>>> On their page they have package deals for all lenses and colored bulbs,
>>> so y'all might try and get a group/package deal going.
>>> Later,
>>> Robert (still waiting for older daks....oh well :-(
>>
>>Robert, I definitly want a pair for the front. Please put me in for a
>>set. Thanx, Bob Nichols
>

>--
>'96 Black Impala SS
>'85 Silver Monte SS
>'98 Amethyst Dakota RC R/T
> - Port Neches,Texas
>NOTE: Anti-Spam Address! Please
>reply to: RAS002@worldnet.att.net

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html