Engine Help

From: Jason Jennings (jason@spray-tech.com)
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 10:33:52 EST

I have engine questions.... Can anyone give me a good background on the
cam used in the R/T models???? I heard the Dakota R/T cam is nothing
special???? I was thinking about one day going the cam route if and
only if the R/T Dakota cam was not up to racing par. Next question, yep
you guessed it Bone head question. What the heck is an Single plane
Intake Manifold???? Am I correct here, is it the thingy under neither
the TB that divides the air for each cylinder???? But what does single
vs. dual plane mean???? And is it true to say Single Plane 4 Barrel
Intake???? I want my R/T to breath better, so I would like to learn
more about the air and gas flow in and out of the engine..... I know
the Magnums are MPFI instead of Carborated.... I just don't know a
whole lot about engines, especially about the new setups.... I know the
basic block is the same since CC started the series. I just want to
know how the air enters the system, and were the restrictions may
lay???? Thanks. more Bone Head questions in the near future.... Oh is
there a really kool manual for the Magnum engines. One that shows how
to service, modify, change, replace, install, and just about build your
on???? As I begin to work on the engine, I would like to have a manual
with pictures and text telling me how the engine is put together from
the ground up.... Oh and what is that Mopar Performance Book all
about????

Jason
2/11/99 10:31 AM