RE: Engine Help

From: Jason Jennings (jason@spray-tech.com)
Date: Sun Feb 14 1999 - 15:16:04 EST

thanks for the help....so obviously bolting up a 4 barrel intake, would
givce way to buying a matching TB??? Can anyone out there rate the
stock R/T Intake on a scale of good to bad as far as performance on the
track goes???? After the B&F TB order. I am kinda sittin around
thinking of what should go on next. I am staying out of the
supercharger stuff. I want completely Mopar Performance parts to make
'er run sweet... My first goal is to push the engine to 300 ponies and
get that low end torque up there to match... It is safe to say i have a
500 lbs weight disadvantage to those 4Duh LX models at the track....
Just about every 4Duh in O-Town runs 14.5 or lower.... My next gaol is
to figure out how to hit that 420 pony mark the SR-71 has. CAn anyone
rate our rear ends as far as handling the torque???? I think the stock
is an 8.25 inch rear end???? After last weeks track runs. I have
become very nervous about busting the rear end or drive shaft...
Several cars didn't even't make it off the line...