Re: Help!!: Reg.Cab 93ish Dakota Owners

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 15:57:24 EST

<< BTW I'm also planning on putting in buckets one of these days. Have you
 found the ones you are putting in yet? I thought about maybe getting
 some buckets from a wrecked Dakota -- would be cheaper. But I'm not
 sure if I would be better off just buying some new aftermarket ones...
 Anyway keep us posted as to what turns out for you. I'll be interested
 to see how it goes for you. >>

Yeah I really like the factory buckets, but they are VERY hard to find in a
wrecking yard. From what I have heard mid 80's Daytona Turbo seats will fit
also. I have a local scrap yard doing a computer search with all the
'registered' yards in about 5 states, so hopefully they will find something
for me to go look at. Aftermarket ones(Monaco, Recaro's, etc) are pricey and
way out of my reach. This is why I want to find some used buckets or I will
buy them from the dealer, which arent that bad. My third source for seats are
these stores in Indiana that are called pickup parts wharehouses. They buy
from the factories a bunchg of seats, both bench and buckets along with rims
and sell them for a great price. I am going to make some calls to these places
soon and see what they offer. Thanks for the info on the carpet
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6