Re: RE: Steering wheel clunk!!! HELP!!!Attn: Jason

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 16:57:09 EST

In a message dated 2/11/99 2:56:10 PM Eastern Standard Time, jason@spray-
tech.com writes:

<< Ya know, I only hear the clunk when I park or make a hard right turn.
 When I park it is always a right hand turn at home. I can also feel it
 in the floor board as well as hear it. I too would like to know what
 the problem is before I blow a day at the dealer. Thanks.

 Jason
 2/11/99 2:44 PM >>

What year is your truck Jason? Mine is a 99. I just got off the phone with the
dealer, they said all the 99's have the new intermediate steering shaft. They
said they want to hear from the district service rep before they start
replacing parts. Are there any other 99 Dakota owners with the steering wheel
clunk? if so speak up! I will get a list together so I can get mine fixed and
post the fix, part numbers, symptoms,etc. There is power in numbers.

Charles Smith
99 Dak R/T
Ready to trade this clunker in!