JBA R/T HEAD PIPES and Helixing...

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 17:56:28 EST

Dr. Pat,
Hey, TB250 torquer? thats a question for Jules!

Just picked up the JBA headpipes for my R/T... They are much nicer than I
expected. They moved the o2 sensors down a bit to clear the flange bolts,
and they are 2.25" dia, not 2"! I will install them this weekend (to Hell
with the kitchen remodeling) and I will report back..

Now how am I gonna cut a helix in a piece of Maple...? Im baffled by the
Helix stuff...Its not a "textbook" kinda thing... The only thing I can think
of is that it is somehow laminarizing the flow somewhat by reducing the
separation at the transistion between manifold inlet underside and the
plenum. The stock config must separate (get turbulent) pretty badly to
benefit from something like that! If thats the case, there are a few other
ways to do it as well! More mysteries!
BKB