Re: Armrest

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 22:22:30 EST

>Allan K. Eyre wrote:
>here's the thing, on the fold down middle armrest there is a piece
>of plastic that covers the hinge on the drivers side. it seems to
>keep breaking and sticking out.

I've had the same thing happen many times over. After the dealer
had replaced it for the third time and it broke again, the dealer
was finally able to get Chrysler to admit that there was a design
flaw. The dealer replaced the part with a 'thicker and stronger'
replacement which lasted about a year.

I just had it replaced again last Friday with a different 'upgraded part'
under warranty. I bought my Dakota in Feb. of '97 and it has about
22,300 km (about 13,500 mi.) on it.

I have not had the tranny experience but my truck is a 4 x 2.

Hope this helps.

Bob
Burlington, Ontario

'97 CC Sport, 5.2L, 3.55 auto., flame red
  Gibson duals, KN drop-in
  Coloured-keyed grille guard, running boards
      and hard tonneau cover
  Deflectors, grille insert
  AR-211 15x7 rims (4.75" backspace)