More on R/T Tranny Problems

From: Dwilsonpsl@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 00:56:54 EST

Hey DMLers and R/T Mailing List,

     Well I took my truck to the dealer, they refused to fix it unless I pay.
I really don't want to get into a pissing match with them, because I have no
catalytic convert on the truck. Listen to this, I checked my tranny fluid
before I dropped it of at the dealer to be fixed and the fluid look as good as
when you pour it out of the bottle and no burnt smell. Ok, they call me at
home and tell me I need to stop by the dealer to see them, I go and they show
me very brown fluid with metal particles in it from the clutch packs, not my
fluid!! So they suggest I pay them 2500 dollars to replace the tranny,
bullshit! So I have it towed to my buddies shop and he looks at it the next
day, all that is wrong with it is I blew a seal that redirects the fluid so
reverse engages when gear selector in put in reverse, 2500 dollars for a seal
and a free tranny to them (dealer), I don't think so! My mechanic buddy (who
happens to be a former line tech with chrysler, now owns his own shop) also
said that he has heard of them doing this before with new trannies and
engines. So I had my dad ask people about their experiences with this dealer,
same horrifying stories. I sure picked the wrong dealer to by my R/T from!!
A friend of my dads dakota (40 months old) wouldn't start in the morning, so
had it towed to the dealer, they call him at work and tell him its the
computer, 395 dollars, so he says ok, I need my vehicle back fix it, so they
put in a new computer that day, he picks it up, next morning same thing, won't
start, has it towed, they call tell him its the battery, it be 95 dollars, he
say ok put a new battery in it and credit me for the computer, nope no cando,
but is only been in my truck overnight, sorry we don't accept used
electronics, they suckered him just like they were trying to sucker me, and
that's not the first story, but I don't want to bore you any longer, just
watch your dealer closely, oh and they are a 5 star rated dealer, how did that
happen? C-ya.