Re: Stillen Bumper Cover

From: bnich@bellatlantic.net
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 08:41:48 EST

Bob Mankin wrote:

> bnich@bellatlantic.net wrote:
> >
> > Hello All,
> > My Stillen Bumper Cover is on and it looks very nice! Has anyone done
> > this install yet? I haven't put the screws in yet, it doesn't seem like
> > you need em, the cover fits so tight that you have to kinda stretch it
> > over the stock one. Anyone have any input on this? If you have no input
> > just send a couple bucks so I can get started on my Xenon Kit!
> > Regards, Bob
>
> Bob,
>
> I'm gonna let you blaze that trail, but I'm eager to see how the Xenon
> kit looks when matched up with the Stillen cover. Planning on that combo
> myself.
>
> I haven't been following this thread closely, but I'm assuming you got
> your cover pre-painted? Or did you install it just to check the fit?
>
> Bob

Hi Bob, Yea I got the cover pre-painted from Jack at Carribean Customs,
I never met him in person, he's in Fla. I'm in Jersey, but he seems like
a nice guy. I got my roll pan from him too. I got the Stillen Cover
cause the Xenon cover looked too bulky to me. Jack's price on the kit
(side pc's only) is 750 painted.
I thought the chrome grill shell wouldn't look good with the Cover but I
think it looks better than if it was painted to match. Some one else on
the group said that once but I don't remember who.
I'll tell you though, I was looking at my truck last night and was
thinking that a custom set of fenderwell header / sidepipes would look
real trick! But I already have my dual gibson's on and would hate to
waste the loot. But if the Gibson should rust out.........!
Stay Well,
Bob