RE: PLENUM SPACER UPDATE attn: Bruce

From: Bridges, Bruce (bbridges@alarismed.com)
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 12:03:32 EST

GS,
I talked to my fluids buddy last night (www.flometrics.com). He says Yes,
If it is implemented properly the internal helix can delay the flow
separation at the inlet to the plenum by shedding vortexs (vortecies?)
perpendicular to the direction of flow, disturbing the boundry layer (which
in this case is the separation layer too)! At least the principal is sound,
and your Butt dyno seems to agree with theory? It may not be as effective
on different manifolds, different engines etc, but from what Ive seen of the
Dak's manifold, it seems to make sense in this aplication, although Im
interested in how they did the transistions from the TB bore to spacer and
spacer to manifold. Well get the TB out to you, but I may just buy one of
these things to check out! Easier than machining the Helix in the maple!
BKB