RE:DML Smooth Air...

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 12:13:09 EST

   Ahhh... actually, since the gas does not enter the equation until the
cumbustion chamber, the intake valves would disrupt laminar flow by their very
design: past the intake valve. This is exactly what you want. Laminar flow
up to the cylinder and turbulence inside the cylinder. So I get your point,
but I think you'd have some pretty nasty turbulence caused by the cylinder
action itself. The truth is, I don't think you can maintain true laminar flow
past the main intake port of the intake manifold since each cylinder doesn't
pull continuously like a fan or wind tunnel. When the air is forced to break
up to the individual cylinders you'll get kind of a "rotating" effect as the
air is drawn into cylinders around the manifold.
   I'm looking to induce it prior to the throttle body...

Shaun