Re: RE:DML Smooth Air...

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 12:39:50 EST

Not sure if I followed your entire post, but it seems you would want laminar
flow from the point of entry all the way to the valves. Yes, the valves
will cause turbulence, but your main objective is to speed the flow of air
from point of entry to the valve (assuming the intake is the bottleneck and
not the valves). Only way we can fix the valve problem is either go to
larger valves (but then you lose velocity) or re-design the engine (maybe
with reed valves or rotary valves?).