Adjusting Transmission Bands????

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 16:14:57 EST

I plan on changing the transmission fluid in my Dakota within the next 5-7,000
miles. I usually pay a friend of the family to do it $30, but I want to do it
myself this time, since I do everything else on my truck. I know I need a new
tranny filter, gasket, and about 4 quarts of ATF(I am going to use Amsoil
since every other part of my truck runs Amsoil). What about any band
adjustment???? How is this done???? Is this needed????The Haynes manual I have
isnt too specific about this adjustment procedure. My truck has 100,500 miles
on it and I really dont think the 'bands' have ever been adjusted. I own a 93
Dakota 4x4 V6 by the way. Thanks for any and all info.
Kyle