New Member Introduction

From: Kevin Rankin (Krrankin@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 21:55:56 EST

Hello to all,
        Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Kevin, and
tonight I just took delivery of a 96 Dakota Extended cab SLT 4x4 V8 auto,
blue and silver. It has 49k miles, and came with an under-the-rail
bedliner, and rail type tonneau (sp?) cover. This truck is gorgeous =)
I've been a longtime mopar fanatic and owner, but have always longed after
a V8 Dak.
        Now for my first two questions to the list. I'm waiting for an owner's
manual to come in (didn't come with one), but until then, can anyone tell
me the proper way to shift into 4 wheel low? The shifter goes smoothly
into 4 high at a stop in neutral (don't want to take any chances until I
get the real info), but there is resistance if I try to shift into low
(haven't actually gotten it into 4wl yet, don't want to force it). My
second q is with the interior lighting. When I turn on, then off the dome
lamp, the interior bulb in the passenger footwell stays on for approx 10
secs. I'm assuming that this is normal? Thanks in advance to all, and I
hope to talk to ya more in the future.

Kevin Rankin
KRRankin@earthlink.net

"Out of the modem, through the server,