Strange Suspension Problem

From: Scott Rosenzweig (scottr@his.com)
Date: Sat Feb 13 1999 - 13:39:42 EST

I have a '99 Dakota 4x4, Auto, 5.2, CC, with the tire and handling
package, and the anti spin (LS). I swapped out the Goodyears for
Michelin MS.

The other day I was slowly (under 25mph) taking a looping entrance to
the Beltway (interstate) is a light rain. The rear broke loose,
fishtailed a bit and recovered as the LS kicked in. Immediately
after, the truck felt like it had a flat. Thought it was a blowout,
stopped, but everything looked fine. The truck has ridden a bit
rougher sever since. By rougher, I mean more rearend bounce than
before. Coincidently I was headed over to my dealer to return a box
they had accidently left in my truck while it was in for service.
Told the service writer what had happened, and eventhough it was a
Sat. they had a mechanic go for a test ride with me. He couldn't
really feel a "rough ride" but thought there may be a bit of a bounce
back there (and had never driven a Dak with the Michelins before).
Brought it into the shop and put it on the lift. A quick look didn't
show anything screwed. No obvious broken springs, nothing hanging,
the LS seemed operational, didn't feel any broken belts in the tires.
The truck still has more bounce than before (about the same as my old
Splash 4x2). I'm stumped. Any ideas?