Re: Transgo Shiftkit

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Sat Feb 13 1999 - 16:43:35 EST

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:32:46 -0500 (EST), you wrote:

>Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 00:32:09 -0600
>From: Randy David <rdavid@vvm.com>
>Subject: DML: Re: Transgo Shiftkit
>
>Russ
>Ok this is a two part question..
>What engine does your Dak have in it?
>Bruce, mrdancer
>So you DO NOT think it would ba a good idea to drill out the 1-2 separator
>plate to the .093? I realize it is easier to take more away than to add to
>it...
>I am going to install one of these in my truck probably next weekend, the
>Dak is in serious need of a firmer 1-2 shift, I feel like it is a luxury
>type vehicle...

  It definitely needs the .093 - I tried a smaller drill (.078) and it
helped, but not to the extent that it should have. Don't let Transgo's
instructions scare you away from this. They warn you pretty severely
that the shift will be too firm, but I can't see it. My little .078
drill made such a small difference...

  Next long weekend, I'll be going back into it for the re-drill and
re-adjusting the pressure regulator out 6 turns (I'll call Transgo first
on this, tho).

                Later,

                        Russ

--