Re: New Member

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sun Feb 14 1999 - 00:56:11 EST

<< My name is Erwin Mendoza, as of 1-6-99 I became a proud owner of a 1999
 Dakota SLT, 4X4 extended cab, medium red, I have basically every option
 for it except I have the 3.9 V-6 and I don't have the 2 tone paint, I
 was wondering if there are any mods that I can do to the V-6 just like
 as if I had the V-8, nothing major, maybe an exhaust or a K&N filter
 set-up!
 The following upgrades I already had done since I got it:
 Hoebrecht nerf bars
 Hoebrecht grille guard with brush guards and stone protectors (looks
 awsome!)
 Viper remote alarm with auto starter
 Rhino sprayed on bed liner
 Extang tonno cover

Congrads on the new great sounding truck, especially being a 4x4 V6! There are
tons of performance tips myself and fellow DMLers can give you. Right now the
hot thing going around is a 'ported & polished' throttle body, by either Bruce
& Frank or Magnum Performance. Alot of DMLers ahve done this mod with great
results. I am currently running a 2 Stage Amsoil air filter. You can get a
drop in hi-flo air filter or even get a 360 degree open element setup. I
recently put some MSD 8.5MM wires and an Accel Super Coil along with some
Champion Truck Plugs and my truck runs alot smoother, alot better concerning
throttle response while accelerating. As far a exhaust goes, I have only
changed to a 45degree exit pipe over the 90 degree exit stock pipe; so my
exhaust now exits at the corner of the rear bumper with a nice 3" tip. Looks
alot better in my opinion. I would say you can't go wrong starting off doing
some intake mods with some exhaust mods; once you get more air into the engine
you should help it get out faster. Good Luck with whatever you decide. Just
remeber, you bought a great 4x4 truck!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6
100,500 miles