Headers & Reseting Comp

From: Chris Tesinsky (yellowrt@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Feb 14 1999 - 03:16:11 EST

Last weekend I installed a pair of JBA headers, I wasn't aware that you
are supposed to 'reset' the computer. Why do we have to do this,
doesn't the truck reset itself when you start it up?? I know that the
LT1 does that. What would be the use of the O2 sensors then if it
didn't adjust itself to the changes that the headers represent. I can
understand maybe taking 50 or 100 miles to see that the new condition is
now constant... I don't understand please explain this to me. Thanks.

Chris Tesinsky
'99 Solar Yellow R/T CC