Re: R/T 1/4 Mile times

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Sun Feb 14 1999 - 21:47:05 EST

Those are some good times.

I took my '99 RT RC to Carlsbad raceway yesterday
to get some 'stock' runs in before I get my exhaust done,
headers, etc. etc.

Of my 3 runs, I had a low 60' time of 2.314, and a high
of 2.358 seconds.
1/8th mile was 9.945 low, and a 9.976 high.
with speeds in the 70.67 mph range (all with .2 mph)
My 1/4 mile times were a best of 15.555, and the highest
a 15.610.... Speeds on all three runs were in the 88.69 range
(all within .2 mph)

Compared to other experiences at Carlsbad, the track was
very sticky (hardly spun the tires on the start), and I was able
to get 3 runs in about an hour (which never happens).

To top off the weekend, I did the SCCA Solo II driving at Qualcomm
Stadium this morning. Signed up, paid my dues, and got in line.
I had about 5-6 people laugh at me as I waited in line... I felt out of
place.

On my first run I did my best to start 'quickly', and proceed into the
first right hander... and was a little fast (ala locked up the front
tire(s))
... From there I used the power of the 5.9L to jam through the straights,
got on the brakes early, then rolled around the corners... My first time
was a respectable 67.389... ahead of some of the slower Miata's, and
a few late 80's Camaros... My next run I did a little better in braking,
and was smoother in the tight corners... and pulled a 66.465.... and on my
final run I was hammer down in all areas where the front end was pointed
into anything that resembled a straight away... and got down into the 65's
with
a 65.582.... Most FAST miatas were running 57's, an RX7 did a 53
something,
and mustangs were running anywhere from 69-55 seconds.

All in all I had 'fun', but don't plan on going again for a while (the sound
of the
front tires taking a beating doesn't make me feel too good). My wife's RT
might
have done better because of the 4w abs...

Sam '99 RT