Re: Spark Plugs Once Again

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Feb 15 1999 - 09:56:00 EST

Hmmmmm... I don't understand why your having a problem. My Champion truck
plugs are dead on at .040 and she idles smooth as butter. It's a tiny
little 318, but that shouldn't make a difference, should it?

About the fuel on the plugs though, I think that is normal if the engine
was cold when you fired her up. I don't know if they even call it a choke
on these new fangled engines, but there is sh*t load of fuel being pumped
into the motor during warm-up... Now if your plugs are still wet after
reaching operating temp., then you've got a real problem.

Help me out here guys if I'm off the mark, but this is what I found out
when I went through my Bosch Platinum +4 fiasco!

Tom