Re: Pre-Mag Upgrades? -Reply -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 15 1999 - 16:17:18 EST

I don't remember exactly where I saw the valve covers. Another
premag'er on the list (Chris Lambert) has located some. He said that
Moparts has them for premag 6ers. I think thier website is
www.moparts.com but I'm not positive. I got the Edelbrock headers for
190 from Summit. Edelbrock used to sell them coated, but they don't
anymore, you have to get them coated yourself. It's pricey, but mine
aren't coated and now they are starting to look pretty ratty after less
than a year. I would also recommend the JET module (even though it
doesn't work on MY truck..dammit). I had to get the valve cover gaskets
done just recently also. I should've had them put some good fel-pro on
there, but they insisted on using some they had at the shop... they're
holdin' up.. for now. I plan on getttin' those MP race heads despite
whether they are streetable or not. One guy I talked to not too long ago
said that electric fans will free up a lo of HP in the premags because our
fans don't have a clutch, they jjust spin all the time....could be a potential
mod in the near future as well.... just gotta' hurry up and get that Tax
return =)

-mike d.

>>> Dan Matthews <dakota_v6_89@hotmail.com> 02/13/99 05:58pm >>>
Thanks for the advise. Im assuming u also have a TB premag? I saw
those
TES headers from edelbrock in their catalog (for $250) and have been
thinking about it. I had to change my Valve cover gaskets
today, and replaced the cork with new rubber ones from felpro. I once
saw u mentioned New vavle covers for the 3.9L premag? Where can i
order
these (are they aluminum or chrome?). I would like to replace my beat up
ones.
Thanks again for the advise!

-Dan Matthews

>Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 17:00:49 -0500
>From: "mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes)" <MSykes@su.edu>
>To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
>Subject: DML: Pre-Mag Upgrades? -Reply
>
>Here's what I've learnt =)
>
>Edelbrock makes a set of shorties that help. I got them from Summit.
they