Re: Pre-Mag Upgrades? -Reply -Reply

From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) (msykes@su.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 15 1999 - 16:17:18 EST

I don't remember exactly where I saw the valve covers. Another
premag'er on the list (Chris Lambert) has located some. He said that
Moparts has them for premag 6ers. I think thier website is
www.moparts.com but I'm not positive. I got the Edelbrock headers for
190 from Summit. Edelbrock used to sell them coated, but they don't
anymore, you have to get them coated yourself. It's pricey, but mine
aren't coated and now they are starting to look pretty ratty after less
than a year. I would also recommend the JET module (even though it
doesn't work on MY truck..dammit). I had to get the valve cover gaskets
done just recently also. I should've had them put some good fel-pro on
there, but they insisted on using some they had at the shop... they're
holdin' up.. for now. I plan on getttin' those MP race heads despite
whether they are streetable or not. One guy I talked to not too long ago
said that electric fans will free up a lo of HP in the premags because our
fans don't have a clutch, they jjust spin all the time....could be a potential
mod in the near future as well.... just gotta' hurry up and get that Tax
return =)

- -mike d.

Those chrome V-6 valvecovers are in the MP catalog. PN 4452042. also in
this catalog they have 4 levels of cam, valvesprings and valves, race
heads, ignition package, a 4bbl carb and intake, double roller timing
chain, headers (not coated though, only 120.45 through fred smith and i
think $111.75 through koller dodge), 9.0:1 CR pistons... probably not all
that streetable but it'll get the 6 deep into the 15's, maybe lower at
their estimate of 220-250 HP.

Chris

'88 V-6, V-8 planning in progress, 2wd, FABM, A-518 Tranny, Accel Ignition,
Blue Interior Lights, "Free Flow Cat", ... and more