Re: RE: Getting Blown

From: Tom & Fern Moffat (tomm@datarecall.net)
Date: Mon Aug 31 1998 - 08:55:31 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: dakota_5sp_v8 <Dakota_5sp_v8@zracer.com>
To: DML <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: Sunday, February 14, 1999 8:47 PM
Subject: DML: RE: Getting Blown

>Kenne bell has the best kit for our trucks for several reasons.
>1)full boost at 2400rpm (you wont get this with a centrifugal SC)
>2)auto retard system
>a)the kit comes with the optimizer and a knock sensor. If any detonation is
>detected then the optimizer retards the timing.
>3)the blower is a whipplecharger
>4)they have heavily tested the kit and continue to update the kits, and
have
>tsb's.
>5)its quiet so you can have a sleeper
>6)you can tow with it
>
>I have done my homework on this and the whipplecharger is the best for
>street use.

I don't thnk you can necc. make a blanket statement like that. It depends on
what you want to use it for. I agree the electronic end of the KB is more
thought out. I would also say for towing or 4x4 use go with the KB; BUT if
your going down the 1320, lb for lb the vortech will beat it everytime. Ask
yourself how many 5.0s race with a KB-no one. The're all using centrifugal
type blowers. less heat, more efficient. If you think you have a traction
problem now, try hooking up with the KB. It's a great blower, just not what
I would use for racing, if that's the intended application. If I had to do
it all over again, Id go with the Vortech and KB electronics and fuel
enrichment system.