Re: hidden hitch with factory bumper

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 11:02:40 EST

<< Has anyone tried or succeeded in installing a hidden hitch behind the
 factory bumper on a 97+ Dakota ?

 I want a hitch that doesn't show , but I also want to keep me bumper at
 this point .
  The center of the current bumper where the plate is is removeable plastic ,
 so I was thinking that a hidden hitch should hide behind it just as it
 would behind a roll pan .
  Any help out there on this one ?
  Also , what did you guys pay for your Class III hitches
 installed/self-installed ? >>

I put a Hidden Hitch Class III on my 93 Dakota 4x4, I love it cause it doesn't
hang down like normal hitches; it's tucked up high out of harms way when
4wheelin. I paid $90 about 4 years ago for mine through JC Whitney and another
$25 for the plug in wiring flat style harness. I took me and my dad about 30
minutes to put it in. Over some 90,000 miles I have had the hitch on my truck
for there is no rust; especially after the winters here in Chicagoland area
and banging it pretty hard sometimes off road. I would suggest one.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6