RE: Re: RE: RE: Problem with Tire Spin -Reply

From: Wayne T. Schultz (rimfax@email.msn.com)
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 15:25:01 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@buffnet4.buffnet.net] On Behalf Of Wayne T.
Schultz
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 1999 9:44 AM
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
Subject: DML: Re: RE: RE: Problem with Tire Spin -Reply

-----Original Message-----
From: mike d. (Michael Z-Sykes) <msykes@su.edu>
To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
Date: Monday, February 15, 1999 4:53 PM
Subject: DML: RE: RE: Problem with Tire Spin -Reply

>>>What tires do you recommend?<<

Actually, I haven't had the opportunity to replace the GoodYear 31 X 10.5
RT/S tires yet. And I have little experience with truck tires. That said,
I have probably used 8 different brands of tires in the last few years on
varying vehicles. Your average Goodyear Tire is pathetic. Most
manufacturers use Goodyear because they are the only company who can produce
so many tires. In General these tires are pathetic.

I recommend BF GOODRICH. In my experience they make the best performing
tire. I own a set of BFG R1's for auto-crossing and track use at Lime Rock
Park.

That said, I don't believe a tire change will be a "cure - all" for rear
wheel slippage, but I am sure that a better tire will make a big difference.

Question: Do you mainly have the problem with traction while you are
turning from a dead stop?
Question: Do you have a rear sway bar?
Question (Rhetorical): You must have an automatic Trans?