Need to confirm rumors about tires on 4x4's!

From: creck@corpnotes01.mw-corp.com
Date: Tue Feb 16 1999 - 15:19:26 EST

I just got a 99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 last Wednesday and have loved it since.

While having the dealership look at the vehicle for some visual oddities, I was
informed that I needed to have the tires rotated every 3000 miles in order to
prevent severe cupping on them. I was told by the service manager that this has
been a problem with Dodge trucks ever since they came out.

Can someone confirm/deny this? I thought that cupping was caused only by tire
imbalance?!?!

Thanks!

Chris

My comments do not represent my company.